Friday, February 29, 2008

Dealing with panic today

I have been doing well with my panic. I have not had a full blown panic attack in quite a few months. I have had times when I was anxious but it never got to the point of a panic attack. Well, today for some reason I started having a panic attack. I was getting ready to put my lunch in the microwave and all of a sudden I started feeling dizzy and short of breath. I had thought is was my blood sugar since I had not eaten yet so i grabbed an orange soda and took a few sips of that...blech, that was way to sweet. I laid down on the couch and tried to stay as calm as I could. I knew that fighting it would just make it worse. I took a full xanax and just waited for it to kick in. Of course I could not help thinking that maybe this was the start of my medicines stopping working or that I was going back to how I was before when I was suffering from daily panic attacks and did not even want to live anymore. Luckily I calmed down quickly and after letting the xanax do its thing I was feeling back to normal.
Now I will admit I am still a bit worried that it will happen again. If I make it through a few days without it happening again I think I will be back on track...please please do not let me get back to how I was before when I had this happen to me all day long. I really do not think I can handle that again.

No comments: