Monday, February 25, 2008

Well, that is a kick in the pants...

Maybe this should not bother me, but it does. I know I should be the bigger person and just let it go but this just seems so wrong.
My parents are having to watch their money a bit right now due to them trying to sell some extra properties they have and having their money tied up with that. My mom told me a few months ago that they did not have any money and could not buy my kids any birthday or Christmas gifts. Of course I told her that was fine. We are not the type to be hung up on getting gifts, especially from her since none of them have any meaning. She just grabs the quickest thing she can and calls it a gift. Well, we still gave her and my dad gifts because we do not think that we have to get gifts in order to give gifts. J and C both had birthdays in december and they got nothing from my parents...not even a card, a phone call...a small token of a gift..nothing. Christmas came and again the kids and I got nothing. Not even a card or anything to show that they cared. We gave them gifts which seemed again like they were not appreciated. My parents live next door and so could have even offered to color with the kids or do something with them and my kids would have appreciated that. But, nope....nothing...no effort of any sort from my parents to show my kids that they care.
We did not think much of it because that is how my parents have always been. We do all sorts of stuff for them. Cook for them at times, shop for them, take out their trash, give them rides etc...and they do nothing in return to even pretend like they care.
Well...a few days ago my mom called and asked me if I would ship a package for her. She wanted me to print up postage at home ( and of course pay for it) and ship this package. I said ok. R. went to get the package from my mom yesterday. When I saw the package I was SHOCKED, IRRITATED and rather UPSET. The package was to my 2 nieces in California. My nieces from my brother who probably does not want the gifts from my mom because she sends stuff that is clutter or stuff they dont want or need... It was a box from my mom to my nieces with late Christmas gifts in it and early Bday gifts....so...my mom can not get anything for my kids when we live next door and appreciate everything we get but she can get stuff for my brothers kids. My parents are more or less my kids only extended family( yes it sucks....). My kids would have even been fine with a coloring book and crayons, or a small stuffed animal, a book, something used etc. I am sure she made sure to get something special for her other grandkids and I am sure it cost more then what a small book or .97 cent hotwheels car would have cost. This is not the first time she has done stuff like this, she has sent boxes of clothing and stuff to them numerous times. A few years ago she went to Kohls and picked out these princess pj's for her other grandkids and she went on and on about them and how much thought and effort she put into buying them. Well for my kids that year she told me to get online and find something around 20 dollars and send her a link for it so all she would have to do is click on it and buy it. AND...the final nail in the coffin is that I get to pay to ship this to them...
Yes I am angry and bitter. I am trying to get past it since it really should not surprise me one bit. But yes, it does hurt me that my kids are not worthy enough for my parents to even try to pretend to care.

No comments: