Saturday, March 01, 2008

Had a good day

Today was a good day. Thank goodness. I needed to get through today with out having any issues with panic or anxiety. I worried that if the same thing happened today that happened yesterday that it would cause a huge setback. I would then start anticipating that it would happen every day and then because I would be so caught up in worrying about it, it would happen.
According to my pysch doctor. The longer I go without a panic attack the better my chances are of not having one. That makes sense to me. When I go awhile without having one I start to gain confidence in myself and I stop focusing so much on my panic. I start thinking that my meds are working well and that I do not have to worry about having a panic attack again. I am really glad that my panic attack yesterday did not get so bad that it caused a setback. For me some panic breeds more panic and it is like a snowball effect. It is best if it just does not start at all.
I am still in tons of pain in my arm. I do not know what is wrong with it and I did not even think that it is possible that it is nerve pain. I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and it is a very painful burning feeling...similar to what my arm has been feeling like. I do remember the dr saying that the neuropathy can occur in places other then my feet and now I am thinking maybe that is what this is. Just what I need...another permanent pain problem. But, I will say this...I will take physical pain any day over mental pain. I can deal with the physical stuff a lot better then the mental problems. I still say the worst symptom/problem that I have ever had is the globus hystericus that I get. The time that it lasted for a few months I really just wanted to die. It was awful.
Anyways, besides the pain today was a good day. The kids were good, the day was calm. The boys and I slept in. Hubby worked. K. brought in sub sandwhiches for us for lunch. I played with S. for quite awhile with a new alien toy he bought yesterday. It is toy that combines play dough and slime stuff lol..but, I do not mind the mess at all. I am just glad that I feel well enough to play and have fun. I know the boys realize that I am doing better. C has even said as much to me recently. I watched some tv. I have the 2nd season from Nip Tuck that I have out from netflix. I got some sewing done. The mobile dog grooming lady came by and groomed my dog. I did a minor amount of cleaning...just dishes and a bit of straightening up. I hung out online for awhile browsing some of the blogs that I like to read. So, basically a very easy day doing the things I like to do.
I was just thinking today about how far I have come in the past 3 years. I am so grateful for how I am doing now. I know I still complain and wish that I was better but in the grand scheme of things I am very happy with how I am doing now. I just never want to go back to how I was 3 years ago. I do not know how I even made it through.
I am also really grateful for all my online friends. It seems that recently that I have lost touch with some of them though. I know it is partially my fault because I need to be better at replying and keeping up with emails. I am going to make a point to do that. I feel lonely at times and know that I need to make sure to keep in touch with my friends. I think it is because of my friends that I have been doing so much better with my depression also. I also have met an online friend who understands what I am dealing with in regards to my panic/anxiety/agoraphobia. She deals with it as well. It really makes a big difference to know somebody else who has the same problems. It was nice to be able to email her yesterday when I was having my panic attack and know that she knew exactly what I was going through.
Well...I am glad today was a good day and I hope tomorrow is just as good.

No comments: