Thursday, November 20, 2014

weighty decisions

I went to the weight loss seminar. I had a lot of questions answered. I was curious about exactly how big they make the size of the stomach when they do the sleeve surgery. Calling it a gastric sleeve kind of makes it sound like they put a sleeve of something around the stomach but really the dr removes about 85% of the stomach and the stomach is just a small sleeve or pouch. It causes weight loss by restricting the amount of food I would be able to eat as well as removing certain hormones that are made in the stomach like grehlin. This surgery is better for me then the gastric bypass because i dont want my intestines rerouted. This surgery sounds less risky for me. I know others would choose the gastric bypass as what is right for them. I always knew I did not want the lap band surgery. I have a consult with the dr next week. Also paperwork was sent to my insurance to see if they will cover the surgery and what I have to do before they will cover it. I still am not 100% sure this is what I will do but I am continuing to look into it and find out more info and then will make a decision. Ray is not wanting me to have it done. He is worried that something will go wrong or that I will have complications. He worries about how I will be able to eat and drink enough afterwards but I am sure I will be able to manage. I do not want to live the rest of my life being obese. I do not want to have complications from obesity. I am physically and emotionally exhausted from being obese. I have struggled with so many other ailments and feel like I have overcome a lot of my anxiety issues and this is what is allowing me to even look into doing something like this surgery...when I was having panic attacks I would not even have considered having any sort of surgery.

No comments: