Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Summer soon

Summer is coming soon. It is already hot and we have already had a few near 100 degree days. I am dreading the long hot summer. It would not be so bad if it did not last for so long. It will not even cool off until November. It is really depressing to think about how miserable this heat is. I see other people post about fun 4th of july picnics or going for walks etc but wish that we could enjoy summer activities outdoors. The only time we can have a picnic here is during the winter. The kids can not even play at the park half the year because it is too hot and the play equipment is hot enough to burn the kids.
It is really miserable to drive in the car in the summer. I have air conditioner in the car but just getting in and out of the car sucks. The seat belts are blistering, the steering wheel is hot, it takes a good 5 minutes to cool the car off at least some and then by the time I get to where I am going I get out of the car and am all sweaty and grumpy.
Each year when it starts to get hot I start dreaming about moving some place cooler. I start looking online to see what places are available that have good weather, low crime, good cost of living, job availability for Ray etc. I have found a few places that would be perfect for us. We dream of moving and talk about it and that is about as far as it goes. I really want to explore it further though. Maybe even take a trip to one of the places I am interested in moving to and just see how it goes.
I just think our quality of living sucks because of the heat. The things I would love to do with the kids I can't because I can not stand the heat. Things like bike riding, miniature golfing, fishing, taking hikes and walks and that sort of thing.
Maybe I can find some place perfect for us to move to and have it not end up being too much of a hassle to move....I can dream at least lol.

1 comment:

Me said...

Come visit me and you will fall in love with the area. :)

I can commiserate with the heat...after spending my first 30 years in the Phoenix valley, I am sooooooo glad to live here with 4 complete seasons, low to no crime and traffic, but still its a culturally diverse area and there is plenty to do for an outdoorsy person. The only thing the Phoenix metroplex has going for it is Harkins popcorn!! I miss that dreadfully!