Monday, June 02, 2008

Beans








I wanted to post some pictures about my little prince of a dog...Mr Beans...aka the drama queen lol...He is 11 months old. He will be 1 year old on the 21st of June. He is a chihuahua. I never ever thought I would love a chihuahua. I have only ever been around ones that were mean and nervous and so I just thought that is how they all are. Kim moved out for awhile and while she was living elsewhere she decided to get a dog. 300 dollars later she had beans. I kept telling her it was a big mistake, that he would not be a good pet etc. Well, she brought him by and yep, he was cute but NOPE I did not care for him. A few weeks later she decided to move back in and brought her dog with her. I was not happy at all to have another dog here. I was completely happy with my poodle Sassy. Well...after about 3 days beans worked his way into my heart. Kim was never home and beans spent 24 hours a day with me. He napped on me, slept in bed with me etc. He was just so tiny. He was about 3 months old when Kim moved back in with him. Kim slowly stopped paying any attention to him and I fell totally in love with him.
He is the sweetest little guy. He knows how to make me laugh. He is funny and smart and oooooh so cute. He is quite the drama queen though. If I go to clean his ears or cut his nails or anything he cries like he is being beaten....
He loves to play with sassy and for only being 8 pounds or so he sure shows her who is boss. He is very very loyal to me and a few months ago Kim told me I could just have him because Beans does not like her anymore. He is neutered now but before he was neutered he marked me as his territory. I was standing in the kitchen ant the counter and I felt something on my leg and I looked down and he was peeing on me. He turned and looked at my husband and gave him a smg look like YEP....SHE IS MINE lol.
Beans is very protective of me and makes it known that he thinks he owns me. He is not fond of my husband at all...I guess the feeling is mutual...my husband is not very fond of beans. I actually think my husband is jealous of beans. Beans is very very spoiled. I make him the best foods, he has so many toys that he has a full toy box of them. He has pillows and beds and blankets. His favorite pillow is a pink princess fluffy pillow lol...yes he is a queen.
Beans is definitely NOT a family dog. He is a one person kind of guy. And I am his person. He is not fond of kids most of the time but does love to snuggle up to Sterling at times.
Beans is learning how to *give 5*, he can *dance* for his treats, he will play ball and bring it back to me. He loves to burrow under my blankets like a little rat and sleep under them. When I nap on the couch he has his own little nest next to me that he snuggles in and he puts his paws on my hands..soooo cute.
He will eat anything and he LOVES to eat. Oranges, watermelon, well, actually any fruit or veggie he will eat. Chicken, steak, ground beef....he will eat it. I also laugh at his favorite toy, out of all the fun toys he has, his favorite toy is a plastic egg from easter. He bats it around and will play with it for a long time. When Easter was over I made sure to buy an extra pack of plastic eggs for him just in case these got lost or broken and we could not find anymore at the store when it was not Easter.
He makes me happy, I make him happy....we are just plain good for each other. I guess it goes to show that sometimes the best things that come along did not start out that way. I never thought I would have fallen in love with this little guy but now I can not imagine life without him. He has brought me much happiness.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read through most of your blog the past couple weeks. I'm amazed at how similar some of our symtoms are, or how I can relate some of mine to some of yours.
I do see a Psyc. Dr., however I'm so general with him because I'm so ashamed and now because of recent events, my husband wants me to find a new dr. which has me really nervous that he will take me off of xanax which is the only med I am on at the moment.
Its a long story and my husband has valid reasons for me to see a ner dr. Im just so scared because my husband has told me taking xanax for extended periods and I've been on it a couple years now.
I have my moments like you do. Where people think I'm lazy and I wont do anything.
I have rituals you do, and was going to mention some of them, but well I do not want to set you off on new things either.
But I do have the medication one, did I take it today? hmmm what if I didnt? what if I'm thinking today was really yesterday etc, etc sort of thing.
I hope you keep blogging and telling your story.

Anonymous said...

Awww! What a sweet little guy. Sometimes you just fall in love with them in spite of yourself.

Shannon said...

Anonymous...thanks for reading my blog. I am sorry you are dealing with the same stuff. It just does not seem fair at all that anybody has to deal with this. I do not think you should be ashamed to tell your pdoc stuff. You would be amazed at the stuff I have told mine lol and I am sure they have heard it all. I was nervous before about being taken off xanax but my pdoc has assured me he would never do that to me. I am not sure if you are local to me or not. If so I have an awesome pdoc and would recommend him highly.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so strange--I was looking at a Chi and said "If I get one, I'm naming him Mr. Bean." Too weird!

Congrats on being owned by a Chi! :)